Diary of a Demented Store Owner

Tuesday 5 August 2008

A Day In the Life of a Demented Store Owner

We’re an Aanraku distributor, which given the poor supply situation here in Canada, has been a blessing for many of our customers as we usually have stock when others don't.  Aanraku are the people that have the Twofer line of grinder heads- a line that has been unbelievably successful for us (as well as the competition I’m sure). They are of great quality and of amazing price. 
Other offerings include their jewelry findings (bails in silver and gold plate in particular) as well as pendant plates, belt buckles, letter openers and even wine bottle stoppers (kind of useless, no? Who stops half way through a bottle?).  
Oh yeah, and their line of Aanraku books now numbering 468 titles (three new ones alone just as I’m writing this entry!) Here's a true, real life email exchange that happened when we made our first order a long time ago;

Mike,
Your credit card had been declined. This happens occasionally for international charges. Please advise your credit card agency to allow the charge.
Thank you
Jeffrey

Jeffrey,
My oldest daughter (the bad one) was in Switzerland until Friday with my Visa (reminds me, my valium prescription needs refilling), then there was a Florida DTI charge on the same day, and now a charge from you, so VISA assumed the card might have actually been stolen (not at all thinking that I might actually be some sort of world traveler- yes, I too prefer them shaken, not stirred). In any case, this a.m. as I was trying to buy the Racing Forum, some Pop-Tarts and a box of Twinkies for the family’s breakfast, my card was refused and hence I feared that now my new found friends at Aanraku might also doubt my worldliness. In a panic, hopping into my AMC Pacer, I rush home to a house of screaming and hungry children now with no breakfast. I frantically call Visa ready to berate them for not believing I was capable of such worldly travel only to learn that they were only locking out the card for my own protection. It seems that I was not doubted but you were. Ah, the irony!
In any case, the security lock is now off, the card is free to be used. Hope all is well in the world...
Mikey
Fantasy In Glass Glassworks Inc

Mike,
The security block was well worth the literary reading on your current life. (-: I don’t know how some people manage to keep their sanity with offspring in the picture. Congratulations on not having stuffed them into a burlap bag and dropping them into the frozen Spring river to see if they sink or float. (-:
The order has processed, and is packed and ready to go Monday morning.
We will have a few new products coming out in the next couple of months. We’ll keep you updated and on the samples list,
Best regards,
JeffreyPartner/Owner Aanraku Glass Studios



Our latest shipment of grinder heads and jewelry bails has just arrived...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well Jeffrey - how do you know he hasn't stuffed us in a burlap bag and tossed us into the frozen Spring river? we are just spry.

Unknown said...

did anyone notice that it is not possible to be tossed into a river that is frozen?