Diary of a Demented Store Owner

Sunday 22 January 2012

Gary Harrington and Great Music


(hang on to your hat from the 30 sec mark on)
Last  night, as I was drinking my third Shirley Temple of the night (yes, I do push the envelope at times), the late and great Chester Burnett (Willie Dixon's muse) was crackling and popping on the turntable (vinyl rules, especially Chess Records vinyl!), and The Wolf was in all his glory he was. How Many More Years was the tune. Who knew how topical it would be as he howled those words.
It reminded me that not only is stained glass something that brings us joy, inspires and invigorates us, but so does the workings of a great artist like Howling Wolf.
As such, I have mandated the balance of January as Old Blues Artists Month. Don't like the blues? Maybe try the malls, 'cuzz that's all we're going to play.
As an aside, music wouldn't sound as good as it does without the great guidance of and equipment procurement by such great guys as Gary at Harrington Audio. If you are considering any stereo or home theatre purchase and need some help, advice and equipment I can't speak more highly of a guy like Gary- website here... 

No comments: